Incentives & Credits
Many state and local jurisdictions offer businesses tax incentives to stimulate economic development and investment. Our state and local tax professionals can help your company increase tax-saving opportunities in existing locations as well as identify cost-effective locations for expansion or other site selection decisions.
Incentives often include income or franchise tax credits, sales and use tax exemptions and refunds, property tax abatements, reimbursements for training expenses, and favorable financing arrangements.
Our state and local tax professionals coordinate with our assurance and federal tax practitioners to provide you with comprehensive, integrated tax solutions. We routinely discover opportunities to save our clients money on their state and local taxes.
We provide services in a number of areas, including:
- Arizona enterprise zone credits and incentives
- Arizona training incentives
- California Competes Tax Credit
- California enterprise zone credits and incentives
- Employer credits and incentives, such as the Work Opportunity Tax Credit and the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act
- Indian employment credits
- New Mexico gross receipts tax deduction
- Tax credit or rebate for alternative fuel usage
- Washington State aerospace tax incentives
New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax Deduction
A 2013 change to the state’s tax code offers New Mexico manufacturers a valuable phased-in deduction on real property consumed or incorporated in the manufacturing process. Watch the video below for a brief overview.