Do you understand how to interpret the information in a not-for-profit’s financial statements, and do you know enough to spot a red flag or ask questions? Having a strong grasp of your not-for-profit organization’s financial statements is critical to plan, build capacity, fund, and help prevent fraud. For individuals who don’t have a not-for-profit financial background, reviewing these financial statements can be a daunting task.
Join us for our on-demand webcast in which we’ll provide an overview of basic not-for-profit accounting concepts and financial statements to help you better comprehend your organization’s financials. We’ll discuss:
- Characteristics of a not-for-profit organization
- Differences between not-for-profit and for-profit financial statements
- Key areas of focus in financial statements of a not-for-profit organization
- How to read IRS Form 990 and what it means for your organization
- How to use not-for-profit ratios to assess the financial health of your organization