Tax-exempt hospitals are on the IRS’s radar for Section 501(r) compliance, and the penalties can be steep for hospitals that’ve failed to comply—including the risk of losing their tax-exempt status.
This webcast covers the IRS selection process, what’s reviewed, and how to prepare for a possible audit. Topics we’ll discuss in detail:
- High-level compliance challenges hospitals experience
- IRS examination activity and audit techniques
- Issues resulting from failure to comply, omissions, and disclosure
- A basic checklist to help ensure a hospital is in compliance
- How to prepare for a possible IRS examination