Tight budgets require state, local, and special-purpose governments to find innovative ways to reduce costs while maintaining the service levels constituents expect. This means reducing risk, gaining efficiency, and taking advantage of unique opportunities as they develop.
And while this is a tall order, you can find the help you need from an advisory firm that specializes in governments like yours—one that has both the technical expertise and the cross-industry experience necessary to get the job done.
At Moss Adams, our Government Practice is composed of government auditors and tax specialists, and we routinely bring in practitioners from around the firm who specialize in areas such as construction, employee benefit plan services, health care, real estate, and telecommunications.
All of this gives us the deep resources necessary to not only address governmental accounting and tax-exempt bond issues but also provide the holistic services governments need to thrive.
Who We Serve
For decades, we've been serving a host of governmental clients, including:
- State agencies and departments
- Public employee retirement systems
- Special-purpose governments, including ports, transit agencies, and other enterprise funds
- Municipal utilities
- Charter schools
The depth of our practice means we understand the issues you face and can provide the specialized services you need, such as single audits, accounting for complex investment transactions, benefit plan audits, performance audits, and fraud investigation and forensic accounting.
Our specialized services include:
- Agreed-upon procedure engagements
- Compliance examinations pursuant to federal reporting requirements
- Federal Compliance Audits under the Uniform Guidance
- Independent contractor versus employee determinations
- Joint venture formation and operation consulting
- Tax-exempt bond consulting
- Technology transfer and associated royalty arrangements
- Third-party management agreements and sponsorship planning