Your private foundation could be subject to unrelated business income tax (UBIT)—even if it’s otherwise exempt from income tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). Income from certain investments or other activities could result in UBIT and additional filing requirements.
Discover what your private foundation needs to know about UBIT in our on-demand webcast. Specific topics we’ll address include:
- Three factors to determine what qualifies as an unrelated trade or business
- Exclusions from unrelated trade or business income
- Unrelated business income reporting
- Nuances of debt financed income
- Separate reporting of unrelated business activities