In a fiercely competitive investment environment, you need a tenured and technically proficient business advisor who understands your transaction methodology from start to finish. That’s why more than 720 private equity firms and their portfolio companies look to Moss Adams for transaction advisory and fund services, accompanied by senior-level attention, visibility, speed, and flexible fees.
We’ve spent decades serving middle-market companies. That means we can offer insight into their strengths, challenges, and opportunities for improvement. Our industry-specific expertise in private equity allows us to quickly identify issues and formulate recommendations to help you smoothly and efficiently close transactions.
Whether your goal is to enhance value through a transaction, strengthen portfolio-company performance, or structure a new fund, we have the resources to help you create value and achieve growth throughout the investment life cycle.
How We Can Help
Our approach addresses real-world issues private equity firms face on a daily basis. We provide you with tailored solutions, including:
- A life-cycle approach to client service. From acquisition to exit, we provide guidance to help you in each stage of the investment life cycle.
- Timely, decisive support. A successful transaction hinges on resourceful, well-timed input. We equip you with time-sensitive data and deal points to address issues and refine your strategy as needed.
- Industry expertise. Your engagement team will include industry-focused professionals who can provide insight and support for your key decision-making moments—whether you need to resolve an eleventh-hour transaction issue or want to redefine an operational strategy to improve longer-term performance.
- Single point of contact. When you work with a complex stakeholder and support teams, clear and constructive communication is vital. A key leader on your private equity engagement team will deploy the right resources where you need them and serve as your frontline point person.
- Senior-level experience. Only a disciplined, experienced hand can provide the level of sophisticated guidance you need to make the most of transactions and ongoing portfolio company performance. You’ll work with professionals whose experience accelerates your transaction process, eliminates wasted time, and puts your decisions directly into action.
- Deal flow. In a competitive marketplace, keeping the pulse on prospective investments is imperative. We can facilitate introductions to numerous client organizations, including midsize companies whose operations we know firsthand.
Who We Serve
We work with more than 720 private equity firms and their portfolio companies throughout the United States, ranging in size from emerging funds to those with more than $10 billion under management.
Our clients operate in a wide range of industries—from technology and life sciences to manufacturing, retail, food and beverage, health care, and others.
Private Equity Services
We customize your engagement team to leverage our private equity, industry, and technical experience so the support you receive is integrated and cohesive. The breadth of private equity services we offer can help you avoid the additional costs and complexities of working with multiple advisors.
In any transaction, information is your most important asset. That means it needs to be timely, thorough, and help advance your specific objectives. We work hard to provide the essential details you need to establish deal terms, reduce risk, and increase the value of your investment.
From strategy to execution, our professionals provide the following services to help you proceed with confidence:
- Buy-side due diligence, including quality of earnings (QOE) reports
- Sell-side due diligence
- Closing financial statements
- Merger and acquisition tax
- Working-capital analysis
- Integration and separation assessment
- Business combination analysis
- Internal controls, IT, and operations due diligence
- Restructuring services
We provide tax, assurance, and advisory services to support your performance improvement goals as well as portfolio company compliance requirements. Working with your partners and portfolio company leadership, we can lend guidance to help you improve integration, operations, tax strategy, IT, and other drivers of strong earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA).
Our specialized services for portfolio companies include:
- Portfolio-wide audit management
- Performance improvement
- Accounting assistance
- Restructuring and recovery
- Add-on acquisition planning
- Post-transaction tax integration
- Business integration
- Technology strategy
- Business risk management
- Exit planning and preparation
Private Equity Funds
From our work with numerous private equity firms and their funds, we understand the range of compliance and performance pressures you face. Our private equity team members can assist with day-to-day compliance, determining tax structure, structuring funds, and other fund-level needs.
Our specialized services for private equity funds include:
- Fund organization and structuring
- Distribution computations
- Internal rate of return (IRR) computations
- Financial statement preparation and disclosures
- Tax compliance and advisory, fund formation and implementation, and capital account maintenance