In carrying out their mission, not-for-profit organizations face a bevy of challenges, and they're accountable to donors, oversight agencies, and those they serve. But while focusing on their goals, organizations simply cannot afford to overlook opportunities to improve their financial and operational procedures.
That's why the Not-for-Profit Practice at Moss Adams is dedicated to serving tax-exempt organizations like yours, providing a customized mix of assurance, tax, and consulting services to help keep you in compliance and focused on the tasks at hand.
Over the years, our practice has delivered more than 2.5 million hours of service to not-for-profit organizations. And our people are committed not just to the clients we serve but also to a host of not-for-profit and community-oriented organizations, serving on various boards and committees. They also contribute to the Moss Adams Foundation, an organization that has donated $7.4 million between 2004 and 2016 to benefit organizations in education and the arts as well as those focused on social, health, and youth services and international disaster relief.
Organizations we serve
- Arts, Cultural, Recreational
- Higher Education
- Private Schools
- Research Organizations
- Social Services
From assurance to tax to consulting services, we help not-for-profit organizations thrive and stay focused on their mission.
Our specialized services include:
- Audits conducted in accordance with the Uniform Guidance
- Complex group structures, including non-501(c)(3) exempt organizations
- Donor-advised fund planning and reporting
- For-profit organization formation and operations
- IRS and state audit representation
- Lobbying and political expenditure classification and reporting
- Maintaining tax-exempt status and public charity status
- Preparation of Form 990, 990-T, 990-PF, and relevant state forms
- Third-party management agreements and sponsorship planning
- Unrelated business taxable income