Establishing the Value of Your Intellectual Property
Intangible assets, or intellectual property (IP), often have more value than tangible assets and can significantly impact your company’s true value. However, determining the value of an asset that you can’t put your hands on, or may struggle to define, can prove quite difficult.
We perform IP valuations for the following:
- Financial reporting
- Gift and estate reporting
- Business restructuring and realignment strategy
- Transfer pricing
For litigation purposes, we assist clients in evaluating the actual or potential losses in disputes concerning the exploitation and protection of intellectual property rights. We also assist attorneys and companies by providing IP valuation opinions for a range of assets from patents, trademarks, and copyrights to customer lists and licensing and franchise relationships.
Across the more than 30 industries we support, there are multiple opportunities to value intellectual property. We’ve provided clients:
- International investment banking. Pricing and valuation analysis of the music publishing industry for a large, international investment banking firm considering a direct investment in this industry.
- Apparel. Valuation services in support of an acquisition by a large sporting goods and apparel manufacturer involving more than 100 identified patents, trademarks, and license agreements.
- Health care. Valuation services in support of the acquisition of a medical device technology used in the treatment of aneurisms.
- Retail. Valuation services in support of a large acquisition of retail franchising rights for a national retail brand.
For a more complete list of our valuations services, visit our main valuations page.