The IRS Form 990 is a complex, comprehensive document—and a useful tool for confirming an organization is meeting its not-for-profit requirements. It can also provide insight into important opportunities and help reveal information related to your organization’s financial health.
Join us, along with Philanthropy California, for the first part of our financial literacy webcast series to learn how to read the Form 990 and unpack the story behind an organization’s financial statements. We’ll also discuss available tools and forums to assess financial and governance health and impact on organizations, as well as the following topics:
- Opportunities and limitations of the Form 990
- Recent tax developments and potential impacts
- Compensation and transactions with disqualified persons
- Strategies to identify red flags
- The calculation and importance of public support