By definition, a benchmark serves as a standard by which others may be measured or judged. Each year, Moss Adams LLP conducts a benchmarking study of more than 200 nationwide rural incumbent local exchange carriers (ILECs) in association with the Telergee Alliance, a national network of CPA firms with expertise serving the telecommunications industry.
The results allow participants to compare their company against others with competing or similar services and help management identify savings opportunities, highlight company strengths or weaknesses, and set goals for improvement.
Our benchmarking study collects data in order to define relevant peer groups for comparison and includes key measurements related to:
- Asset allocations, liabilities, debt, and equity
- Revenue, expense, and profitability
- Competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC) data
- Federal and state support levels
- Plant investment
- Nonregulated investments and operations, particularly wireless, Internet, and cable TV
- Service penetrations and customer counts
- Payroll and staffing data
- Forecasted income and investment information
- Credit rating definitions and scores
The scorecard you’ll receive as a result of your company’s participation will show your individual benchmarks compared with others within your classification as well as the national averages.
To participate in our benchmarking study, contact Chris Skidmore at (206) 940-7365 or send him an email.