We’re excited to announce our 2021 Wine Industry Financial Benchmarking Survey will be open on April 1, 2021, and run through May 14, 2021—and we’d love to have you participate.
The survey helps us create a comprehensive industry report on financial and operational benchmarks that provides wineries and grape growers with comparative information—especially vital for an industry in which such data is difficult to obtain or present in a meaningful way.
About the Report
Available in October 2021, this report will be a useful tool for wineries and growers in the United States to measure their business against industry leaders and prepare their strategies for the years ahead.
The report will be more financially focused than the 2017 version. It will include common-sized financial statement information and provide insights on a range of topics, from sales and production data to operating and financial metrics by region.
Specific topics covered will include:
- Sales and production data with trend analysis
- Key financial and operational performance metrics
- Viticulture data and grape market trends
- Operational data for growers, producers, negociants, and integrated wineries
About the Survey
The survey takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. We recommend having the following information on hand:
- Your company’s year-end income statement and balance sheet from 2020
- Grape sales, farming costs, crop yields and acres farmed by region in 2020
- Wine production, 2020 vintage crush data, wine sales volume, and revenue by sales channel for 2020
Reasons to Participate
Here are the benefits of taking the survey:
- A free copy of the final report. The full report costs $495, but we’re offering it for free to survey participants.
- Support your industry. Your participation is important. The data you and other participants provide collectively forms the basis for generating hard-to-find, common-sized financial and operational metrics. Those metrics are invaluable to all survey participants looking for ways to improve their operation. Please encourage your peers to participate.
- Complimentary personalized benchmark reports. Gauge your business’ performance against similar operations using validated, reliable industry metrics in an easy-to-understand, personalized report—exclusively for participants.
All survey data is held in strict confidence. The raw data and associated participant identities are accessible only to authorized Moss Adams survey staff.
Only aggregate data is disclosed in the statistical reports and other analyses, and it’ll only be aggregated in groupings that have a sufficient number of participants to ensure the information of any individual participant isn’t disclosed.
American AgCredit is the fourth-largest farm credit lending cooperative in the United States, with assets in excess of $15.1 billion and 18% of that portfolio in wine grapes and wineries. Founded in 1916, American AgCredit specializes in providing financial services to farmers and ranchers as well as capital markets and agribusiness operators across the country.
Heffernan Insurance Brokers offers tailored risk management strategies that guide CFOs in identifying how much risk their company should transfer or retain. Cutting edge strategies are explored during a proprietary risk management audit process that CFOs say is a pathway to helping clients increase their pretax profits.
After you register, you’ll receive an email with your unique survey link and instructions. Check your spam folder if you don’t receive the email within five minutes.
You’ll receive an email from us when the survey opens for participation on April 1, 2021.
Thank you in advance for your participation.