Kim has practiced public accounting since 2001 and has over fifteen years’ experience in conducting System and Organization Control (SOC) readiness assessments and audits, compliance audits, attestation examinations, and internal controls evaluations. She serves clients across a variety of industries such as technology, telecommunications, and higher-education, and with varying business structures including publicly-traded entities, private businesses, third-party administrators, and government agencies. Her expertise includes:
- Professional review of service organization controls to evaluate a user-entity's internal control over financial reporting
- Supervision of audit and assessment teams
- Controls evaluation and definition improvement to ensure they meet the objective(s)
- Testing internal controls and monitoring IT compliance
- Research of technical issues as IT complexity and fraud strategies evolve
- Identifying risk and control gaps and providing remediation suggestions
Kim regularly provides educational training and seminars on SOC 1-2-3 topics and has a preference for empowering business-process owners.