An intense regulatory environment. The complex art of rate making. Mandates for transmission and renewable energy. Counterparty risk. And, of course, the continual challenges of managing your people and your plant.
In a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, maintaining strong financial and business operations depends on finding trusted advisors who focus their time, experience, and training on the energy and utility business. Those advisors work for Moss Adams.
When you select us, you work with a team of specialists knowledgeable—and passionate—about the issues and concerns you face. Decades of experience in the industry allow us to bring value to the relationship beyond simply meeting your compliance needs. For example, we have extensive experience in:
- Regulatory accounting matters, including the application of ASC 980, Regulated Operations (formerly SFAS No. 71)
- Practical application of accounting and reporting guidance from the FASB, GASB, FERC, RUS, and NARUC
- Revenue bond offerings and related tax-exempt debt matters
- Cooperative taxation
- Lending requirements, including those from the RUS
- Generation assets, including hydroelectric, natural gas, diesel, biofuel, coal, nuclear, wind, geothermal, and methane
- Purchase power contracts, joint operations, and conservation programs
- Renewable energy credits and incentives
Discover a firm capable of anticipating your challenges and aligning the right resources to help you solve them.
Who We Serve
- Municipal entities
- Public utility districts
- Mutual corporations
- Joint power entities
- Independent power producers
- Corporate energy, disposal, and recycling companies